Sunday, December 28, 2014

Losing Airplanes - How Does It Affect You???


I am sure by now that everyone has seen the news reports on the missing AirAsia plane that was heading from Indonesia to Singapore.

How do we just lose planes???

And this comes just ten months behind the disappearance of the Malaysia Flight 370 and to this day officials have yet to find any debris from that "crash".  
Call me suspicious but since they have not found any debris from this crash yet - are we going to have another Flight 370 situation on our hands???
AsiaAir Air Bus A320-200
"Once is an accident.  Twice is a coincidence.  Three times is enemy action."

All we know right now is that the plane's flight path was primarily over the ocean, they were only an hour away from landing, they had encountered bad weather, the plane passed inspection in November, and no debris has been found.

My question to you all is this: 
Do mishaps like these make you less likely to fly with those airlines and/or over the "disappearing" areas?

AirAsia had a fantastic track record of never losing a flight or crashes until now so how many mishaps make you want to avoid these airlines or areas of travel.

I personally have Indonesia on my must see list in the near future and have intentions on going there but before I book my tickets I am going to research the airline's safety records and also what kind of plane me and my family would fly on.  
This takes me back to a pervious post just last week when I covered how to stay safe in the air.  It is of the upmost importance that you trust the airline you book with and no what kind of reputation they have.
Never book with an airline because they are the cheapest.  Find out why - research.

Earlier today in the news a Colonel in the Marine Corp stated that those pilots are accustomed to strong storms as that area is their back yard and that he felt more inquiry was needed.
At least he stated everything we are thinking. 

My thoughts, prayers and all of my heart goes out to the families that are missing loved ones right now.  Please do not mistake my curiosity as empathy because it is not.  I am sure the families have the same questions as they have the right to know every single detail.  

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

I am interested to see how this pans out and I will continue to pray for comfort and peace for all the passengers and families.

Until then keep traveling, keep looking towards the future and keep living today like it is your last.  Also remember that mishaps happen and do not let them over take you.  

You only live once....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo