Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Thursday, April 7, 2016
WANNA SHOW YOUR MOTHER HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HER THIS MOTHER'S DAY?
Why not book a special Mother's Day trip for her and her family to take...to anywhere in the world? When you use through United Military Travel you can book travel for anyone, it doesn't have to be just you.
Mother's have the daunting task of being the one person that holds each family together, the caregiver, the chef, the maid, the shoulder to cry on, etc.
What do all mother's crave???
HERE ARE 5 DOMESTIC DESTINATIONS WE RECOMMEND YOU TREAT YOUR MOMMA TO THIS MOTHER'S DAY!
Ocracoke Island, North Carolina
IT TRULY DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU SEND YOUR MOTHER TO ON THIS YEAR'S MOTHER'S DAY, JUST AS LONG AS YOU CHOOSE THE DESTINATION ON WHAT SHE LOVES.
Things to consider when choosing a destination?
- Has your mom ever mentioned a place she has always wanted to visit or a place she misses?
- Look through old family photos and send her back to the place she vacationed with her parents.
- Maybe your mom and dad honeymooned domestically - treat them to a second honeymoon!
- Does your mother love spa's?
- Maybe she is more of the outdoorsy type?
- How long of a getaway can you she commit to?
- Do you want to go with her or would she rather have alone time?
Once you sort out all the details on the perfect Mother's Day getaway, give us a call and let us handle all the booking for you!
UNITED MILITARY TRAVEL IS PROUD TO SERVE THOSE WHO SERVE AND ONE WAY WE DO THAT IS BY SPOILING THE MOTHERS!
UNITED MILITARY TRAVEL
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
THE 2016 SUMMER OLYMPICS ARE BEING HELD IN RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL AUGUST 5TH THROUGH THE 21ST.
This is an exciting time to plan travel to Brazil because the beautiful country is waiving travel visa requirements. Whether you want to attend the summer olympics or not, you can you take advantage and create a vacation of a lifetime!
Good news for residents of the United States, Canada, Japan, and Australia who plan to attend the Summer Olympics this year: Brazil is waiving its usual visa requirements. The move exempts travelers from these four nations from needing a visa for travel specifically between June 1 and September 18. Even better, visitors do not need to provide proof of tickets to attend any of the Olympic events; all travelers from those countries are eligible for the waiver this summer, whether they’re going to the games or not. According to official documents, the waiver will benefit travelers for a stay of up to 90 days from the date of first entry in the country. So if you’d like, you could skip the Olympics entirely and use the waiver to travel there in the fall—as long as you arrive by September 17. AFAR
IF YOU WANT TO EXPLORE BRAZIL AND SKIP THE SUMMER OLYMPICS?
HERE ARE 2 TOP TOURIST ATTRACTIONS MOST TOURIST DON'T EVEN KNOW EXIST!
- Lencois De Maranho: At first glance, it looks like a picture-perfect desert—miles and miles of sand with almost no vegetation. But it's not a desert—Lençóis Maranhenses gets about 47 inches of rain each year, making it too rainy to be officially considered a desert (which get less than ten inches a year). From the months of January to June, the area is inundated with torrential rainstorms. Rainwater pools in the valleys between the dunes creating thousands of crystal clear lagoons. In July, when the park's lagoons are at their peak, some reach over 300 feet long and ten feet deep. Smithsonian Magazine
- Jeriocoacoara aka The Brazilian Maldives: Fresh water lagoons...need we say more?
MOTIVATED TO TRAVEL TO BRAZIL NOW? GIVE US A CALL AND LET US HELP YOU BOOK YOUR VACATION!
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
KNOWING THESE 4 TIPS ON HOW NOT TO TRAVEL RATHER THAN LEARNING THE MILLIONS OF TIPS ON HOW TO TRAVEL IS GOING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE MUCH EASIER!
Ever wonder what the right way to travel is? Honestly, there is no right or wrong way, but I will say that there are certain methods that do make traveling a whole lot easier. For example, these 4 tips on how not to travel will take away from woes of being abroad. Take it from the pros when we say we have learned the hard way!
- Don't leave for a trip in fight with someone close to you. Settle the quarrel before you leave, otherwise it will consume your entire mind and you will not be able to enjoy yourself. I spent two weeks in the beautiful Great Lakes off Minnesota a couple years ago and you would think that I had a great time. Sadly no. I spent the entire time missing my boyfriend at the time because before I left we got into huge fight and never resolved it. The trip was a waste of money and time.
- Don't bring your entire closet with you. Travel light is honestly the BEST advice we can give you. Lugging around a 50 pound suitcase, a backpack, a laptop, a pillow and more is not necessary. You are traveling to get away...so do it! Bring only the amount of clothes you need for the number of days. Do not pack two outfits for each day - ridiculous!
- Do not assume you will never be the person that gets robbed. It happens all the time and I don't care who you are - you are not exempt from it. I live by this: Plan for the worst and hope for the best. What will you do if you find yourself in a foreign country with no money, no passport, no phone etc? You need to have a plan and it is best to learn what your plan of action will be when you are in your home country.
- Do not expect the world to love you because you're American, but rather expect a lot of people to dislike you. Unfortunately, I have gotten scoffed at multiple times when people find out I am an American. We have gotten a bad rep. As travelers it is our duty to show the naysayers who we really are through one on one interaction. Don't be afraid of the people who do not like you, but rather open yourself up to them. If they still don't like you then, F them!!