Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Playa Santana, Nicaragua

HOLD ON PLAYA SANTANA, I AM COMING!

As I sit here trying to write today's post, I keep glancing at baby monitor beside my computer because I swear that I turned the volume  all the way down.  I check it,  yep the volume is off....so how is it possible I still hear my little one fighting sleep through the speakers?!?!?!
 "Damn monitor, I can't even rely on the mute button..."
Ok, finally.  There it is.  The silence.  I now get to drift into wanderlust and reflect on my past travels and go into a state of euphoria for 1 hour; I never thought that one hour could be so amazing!

TODAY I WANT TO RELIVE OUR MONTH IN PLAYA SANTANA, NICARAGUA BECAUSE THIS TIME OF YEAR I ALWAYS FIND MYSELF LONGING TO HEAD SOUTH.

I want to eat jalapeño chicken from Yolanda's, drink Toñas for breakfast, spend my afternoons taking pictures of Josh surfing; I want to  live in a bathing suit, nap in hammocks, watch every single sunset and learn Spanish from the locals.
 I want to be on Nica Time.
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
Watching the sunset is an event and is something that is scheduled into one's day down there. They are something so spectacular that if you miss one you truly feel sad...
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
No baby monitor here...
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
Or here...
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
Or rush hour...
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
The only angry "person" you will come across will be a Howler Monkey and its because you got too close to his tree...
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
Everywhere you go, you will always be greeted with a smile...
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
And there is plenty of time to just breathe...
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
If you every feel lonely...visit Nicaragua. Before you leave you will have more friends than you ever had!
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
Omg the food! Yolanda's Jalapeño Chicken is stuff dreams are made out of....
Playa Santana, Nicaragua
There is nothing more relaxing than spending time in the water and here that is all you do...

ALRIGHT YA'LL, I FEEL BETTER.  NOW THAT I HAVE REMINISCED ABOUT TRAVEL PRE-BABY DAYS IN PLAYA SANTANA I AM GOOD.

And the funny thing is, these photos stir up my deep desire to take Noah there ASAP because he deserves, more than anyone, to see the beauty of the world.  Noah should have memories like these but better with US; traveling is only going to get better.
Sure, I may miss sleeping in, drinking beer for breakfast and having more than an hour to myself all day but you know what?
I'd rather wake up with the sun in Playa Santana to watch the sunrise with Noah, to see his eyes light up when he sees the ocean's calmness first thing in the morning, and teaching him about the Earth's beauty that surrounds him.
To me, that is priceless...Looks like I am booking a trip soon!

UNITED MILITARY TRAVEL

#TRAVELLOANS #MILITARYTRAVELFINANCING 

866-582-9579 

APPLY HERE

united military travel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo