Friday, December 18, 2015

OUR MISSION: WAVES FOR WATER

OUR MISSION: WAVES FOR WATER

waves for water
It all started as just a family getaway to Costa Rica, we were going to go down surf, veg out, explore and veg some more.  But after what I like to call, manifestation, we decided to volunteer our time as Clean Water Couriers through Waves For Water.  

WAVES FOR WATER MISSION:

To get clean water to every single person who needs it.
People living in impoverished areas die every day from drinking dirty water. While having access to clean water is a luxury that many of us take for granted, there are millions living in nations with no filtration systems in place. Kids drink from the same streams where animals bathe. In addition, there’s no clean water available for surgery if someone is injured, putting the wounded at risk of deathly infections.
The goal is to take existing solutions in the form of portable water filters into countries that need them. There are different options in deciding which filters would be best for each region, based on needs in various areas. Options range from ceramic filters that can be transported by one person, to larger filters that can provide clean water to an entire village. source 

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR MISSION & TO DONATE PLEASE VISIT OUR WAVES FOR WATER PROFILE

Why do I consider our decision manifestation?  Well, because I have been wanting to do something good for humanity for a long time and have been searching my soul for the best way to put forth mine and my family's time.  Over the searching process I have become a Partner In Hope through Saint Jude and also a monthly donator to our local children food bank, but I still didn't feel satisfied.
Non-Profit work has always intrigued me.  All of my beliefs are centered around the belief that we should all help each other, we are all equal, mother nature is the grandest, and that if we want to see change it is our duty to be that change.
Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Ghandi
As an individual I am a traveler, an environmental activist, a wanderer, a peace maker, and a mother.
 As a family we are a unit of three who love the ocean, surfing, traveling, the world and each other and we feel that if we can share with the rest of the world our compassion, and help just a few, we have succeeded.

WAVES FOR WATER IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION THAT SPEAKS DEEPLY TO US.

In our travels we have been to countries where litter and poverty is more prevalent than fast food chains in America.  We always vow that we are going to do something, while we are there, but as soon as we return stateside it seems our motivation just disappears.
That is not acceptable anymore; we are finally becoming the change we want to see in the world.
waves for water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo