Tuesday, December 8, 2015

St. Jude - Partner In Hope

THIS PAST THURSDAY I WAS LISTENING TO THE LOCAL COUNTRY RADIO STATION AS IT AIRED THE ANNUAL ST. JUDE RADIOTHON THAT ENCOURAGED PEOPLE TO BECOME A PARTNER IN HOPE.

I honestly have never been more moved in my entire life, hearing the testimonies of survival and defeat straight from the families and patient of childhood cancer was incredibly emotional and gut wrenching.
Running errands with my son in the back seat, I was completely in tears as it stirred up emotions of when I lost my mother and made me cry for Noah even though he is completely healthy baby.  So what did I do?  I became a Partner In Hope.  I pledged $20 a month for year for a grand total of $240.
$240 in the eyes of cancer is not a lot...you have to combine my pledge with six other pledges just to get one day of chemo for a child.  Did you know when you become a patient at St. Jude you will never receive a bill of any kid for the services rendered?  How amazing is that!  And it is all because of donations like mine and the thousands of others that were made this past Thursday.

WE ALL NEED TO JOIN TOGETHER WITH ST. JUDE - PARTNER IN HOPE TO HELP THEM FIND THE CURE FOR CANCER!

When the St. Jude doors opened the cancer survival rate was only 4% and now it is 88%!  Not only is St. Jude helping these amazing children survive cancer they also are creating a happy and healthy environment for the kids to be in during one of the most hard times of theirs and their families lives.
They provide all the things young children experience in the real world to the kids who are confined in the hospital.  For example, they administer medicine through things like gummy worms, they have built amazing play rooms for the kids to escape reality in and much more.  All these things could not have been done if not for the generosity of donations.

THIS HOLIDAY SEASON HELP FIGHT CHILDHOOD CANCER BY GIVING TO ST. JUDE - BECOME A PARTNER IN HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo