Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankfulness Everyday Of The Year

Is everyone full of thankfulness????

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday because it forces people to reflex on their lives and realize what they have to be thankful for.  
Many times we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle that we fail to see the wonderful things that surround us each day.
It is easy to take for granted all the good and just focus on the bad.  
The more energy we expend into the happy, productive thoughts day the more aware we are of the products of our thoughts.  
Avoid negativity and Thanksgiving can be everyday!
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

This year before my family sat down to eat we were asked to go around in a circle and state what we are thankful for this year.
We all had one common theme.
Family.
Not one person mentioned their job, their new house, car so on and so forth.  
Material things do not matter.
We have introduced two new kids to the family and what it has taught me is that no matter what family will always be there for you....



My niece, Poppy Day, on Thanksgiving morning asked me with a very serious look on her face, "Aunt Turkey, what sounds can you not live without?"

I would not say it caught me off guard but it made me think about what things I really love and what makes me happy.
It more was a question of what are you thankful for and what makes you happy.
I responded:
The sound of my Noah's sweet coos.
The birds singing in the morning.
The neigh of a horse.
My Dad's laugh.
The sound of the ocean lapping against the sand.
A seagull's laugh.
The way my hubby's voice says I love you.
The sound of boats on the river in the summer.
The way she says my name.

My list could go on and on but I left it at that....she is 4 after all!
Family hands down is the most wonderful thing on the entire planet....nothing comes close to what a family provides.

But other than family, what am I thankful for?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

 I am thankful for the wonderful places I have traveled to.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have been presented to me over the years that have taught me more about life.

I am thankful for the memories that constantly flash in my mind whenever I smell something familiar from a far away land or the photos that clutter my home to remind me of how wonderful life is.

I am thankful that places like Hawaii, the Caribbean and South America exist because they bring so much peace to my soul.  

I am thankful for the small trinkets that I have picked up over the years that remind me what my life has been like. 

I am thankful for my life.  My beautiful, wonderful, one of a kind, vagabond life.  

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

I simply love Thanksgiving!

Lets try to live each day with love and appreciation because those two things are the backbone for a beautiful, happy life.

Basically, do not be a scrooge!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo