Tuesday, April 28, 2015

United Military Travel's favorite pre-deployment gifts!

This past weekend, I took Noah down to the Outer Banks to visit family because my hubby was taking his best friend off shore fishing on Saturday....who wants to spend a weekend alone????

And honestly, it was kinda a big deal because Josh and I are not away from each very often.  So you know what I did???

I left him sweet little love notes around the house for him to find each day to remind him how much we love and missed him.

 

I know, I am ridiculous.  But I really was sincere about how much we missed him.

I believe that if you feel something, you should always show it because we should never assume someone automatically knows.

And that got me thinking about what I would do for him if he was about to be deployed.  What sort of sweet gesture would I send him off with?
I came up with a huge list but I decided I would send multiple things so here are my favorite ones....

1.  A laminated family photo

2.  A journal

deployed, soldier, journal, military, military travel, united military travel, travel loans, travel now and pay later

3.  An engraved wallet insert

Deployed, Soldier, Wallet insert, military, travel, military travel loans, united military travel, travel now and pay later

4.  "Open when" cards from me and Noah

cards, deployed soldier, military, military travel, united military travel, travel now and pay later

5.  Lots and lots of phone cards

6.  Travel Loan Voucher - send him off with all the contact information for United Military Travel so when he has time off you could fly to see him or he could come home!

united military travel, travel now and pay later, travel loans, military travel , military travel loans
866-582-9579

7.  A perfume scent card with my signature scent on in it, wrapped in a delicate, girly envelope.

8.  A Meal Improvement Kit.  This one I found on Etsy, but you can make one yourself and include his/her favorite spices!  For guidelines and restrictions on what your solider is allowed to have, read more at Military.com

spice up MRE's, deployment, soldier meals, military, military travel, united military travel, military travel loans, travel now and pay later
You can find a ton of awesome gift ideas on Etsy for pre-deployment gifts, that is where these came from!


When you choose to use United Military Travel as a gift, you are choosing to give the gift of togetherness.  Financing airfare or accommodations is a great way to show how much you care and how much you want to be with the other person.  Utilizing a travel loan service allows you or your partner to travel now and pay later, creating more spending cash for the trip.  Which mean, more ways to spoil each other :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo