This past weekend, I took Noah down to the Outer Banks to visit family because my hubby was taking his best friend off shore fishing on Saturday....who wants to spend a weekend alone????
And honestly, it was kinda a big deal because Josh and I are not away from each very often. So you know what I did???
I left him sweet little love notes around the house for him to find each day to remind him how much we love and missed him.
I know, I am ridiculous. But I really was sincere about how much we missed him.
I believe that if you feel something, you should always show it because we should never assume someone automatically knows.
And that got me thinking about what I would do for him if he was about to be deployed. What sort of sweet gesture would I send him off with?
I came up with a huge list but I decided I would send multiple things so here are my favorite ones....
1. A laminated family photo
2. A journal
3. An engraved wallet insert
4. "Open when" cards from me and Noah
5. Lots and lots of phone cards
6. Travel Loan Voucher - send him off with all the contact information for United Military Travel so when he has time off you could fly to see him or he could come home!
7. A perfume scent card with my signature scent on in it, wrapped in a delicate, girly envelope.
8. A Meal Improvement Kit. This one I found on Etsy, but you can make one yourself and include his/her favorite spices! For guidelines and restrictions on what your solider is allowed to have, read more at Military.com.
You can find a ton of awesome gift ideas on Etsy for pre-deployment gifts, that is where these came from!
When you choose to use United Military Travel as a gift, you are choosing to give the gift of togetherness. Financing airfare or accommodations is a great way to show how much you care and how much you want to be with the other person. Utilizing a travel loan service allows you or your partner to travel now and pay later, creating more spending cash for the trip. Which mean, more ways to spoil each other :)