Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Socializing Your Children While Traveling

socializing your children

ISN'T SOCIALIZING YOUR CHILDREN NOT TRAVELING HARD ENOUGH? THE AMOUNT OF EFFORT IT TAKES TO ORGANIZE PLAY DATES, CHOOSING THE RIGHT SCHOOL, JOINING MOMMY GROUPS, SPORT TEAMS ETC IS EXHAUSTING IN ITSELF!

In the blogging world, I feel like there are a lot of families who travel full time with their kids in tow and while I admire them for being so courageous I often wonder who the he** they do it. Socializing your children plus exploring the world at the same time seems like an effort not for the faint of heart.
My son is 17 months old and I most definatly feel that he could use more social skills, but this is because I am a stay at home mom. What if I was an actual traveling mommy who didn't have access to playdates, making friends and Facebook groups....OMG!
What would I do? Obviously, it would be much better the child if they had a sibling so one, I would need to have another child. Two, I kinda am the type of person that believes socializing your children within the family is the most important way so maybe not do anything??? Ah, this is so confusing!
I also have many bones in my body that long for the vagabond lifestyle. To set off in a adventure wagon with my husband, son, dog and two cats with no bills and only life to look forward to.
Could I do it? Maybe if I had the right adventure wagon or custom school bus...
socializing your children
Yes Please!
Take for example, the Vogel Family, who has cycled 17,300 miles from Alaska to Argentina. They are well versed in the realm of socializing your children while traveling and offer their thoughts on the subject on their blog Family On Bikes.
Every time we make a decision TO DO something, we make a parallel decision NOT TO DO something else. When we choose to go traveling, we forego soccer and swim teams, Boy Scouts and robotics clubs. We gain other things – we gain climbing on Mayan ruins and diving with turtles. Dancing in Carnival parades, and joining holy pilgrimages into the mountains. Climbing on glaciers and chasing llamas. Those things are all great, but so are the more “typical” experiences at home.
Is one better than the other? No. Not better or worse – only different. We have different seasons in life, and the hard part is knowing when it’s time to change gears. source 

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE IDEA THAT "CHANGING GEARS" WOULD BE THE HARDEST PART IN SOCIALIZING YOUR CHILDREN.

Growing up I played soccer, swam and rode horseback; I also had a close knit group of friends so I feel that that type of growing up experience is priceless. But then again, experiencing the world that even many adults don't get to see seems way better.
Many military families struggle in the socializing your children realm because their lives are typically 4 years here, there and who knows where! Are you apart of a military family? Have you had issues socializing your children?
Through the words of Rolf Potts, owner of Vagablogging, on socializing your children while traveling, I totally agree...
The reality is that most traveling parents have thought long and hard about what their child’s education will look like on the road. The vast majority are traveling to enhance the education their youngest family members receive. Socialization, academics, and personal growth are on the minds of every parent who chooses a traveling lifestyle for their children. No one has “forgotten” about math, higher education, or socialization but all of them have some up with creative ways to meet these needs. source

WE WOULD LOVE TO LEARN ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES SOCIALIZING YOUR CHILDREN WHILE TRAVELING. CAN YOU OFFER ANY "MUST DO" POINTERS??


UNITED MILITARY TRAVEL

#TRAVELINGFAMILIES 

866-582-9579 

APPLY HERE

socializing your children

1 comment:

  1. There is an amazing new opportunity that is gaining rapid popularity online.

    Major companies are paying people for giving their opinions!

    You can make from $5 to $75 per each survey!

    This is available to anybody in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo