Monday, January 4, 2016

Travel? I'm an American; I Hardly Have Money To Pay My Rent.

travel, I'm an american

DO YOU FALL INTO THE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION WHO BELIEVE, "TRAVEL, I'M AN AMERICAN"?

Yes, you probably are because the majority of people in our nation do not believe that they can afford travel and that travel is a frivolous expense.
This morning I woke up to a travel video waiting in my Facebook inbox from my brother. He shared with me the 10 Places To Travel To In 2016 by BuzzFeed thinking that I could gain some blogging inspiration from it.  Well indeed I did, especially after reading the thousands of comments by viewers that clearly voiced their disgust with the "must travel guide".
This video post to Facebook receive 3.8k comments and of course I do not read them all, but one that did stand out to me was made by Michael Saint stating,
Travel? I'm an American I hardly have money to pay my rent. The most traveling I do is to my car to drive to work or the grocery store.
Others that followed his include:
How about
"10 places to travel in 2016 with a budget."
u got money for me,homie?
Buzzfeed evidently thinks we're all millionaires or something
More like 10 places I WISH I could travel to in 2016...
I immediately started feeling my heart sink because I could literally envision the mindset the folks have about what it takes to travel and it breaks my heart.

BUT WHO IS TO BLAME FOR INFLICTING THIS TRAVEL I'M AN AMERICAN MINDSET? DO THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE NOT ENTITLED TO A LIFE OF TRAVEL BECAUSE THEY ARE AMERICANS, IS IT THE WAY THEY WERE RAISED, OR MAYBE JUST A SIMPLE LACK OF DESIRE??

My short answer: all of the above.
Yes, being an American you are taught that life is about working, paying bills, working more, and giving more money to the man.  Being brought up this way isn't necessarily your parents fault, but it could have been changed by showing you the way to freedom through travel.  It also is a simple lack of desire. Many, many people have never been bitten by the travel bug even though they may have done some traveling.  A life of exploration is not for everyone.
travel, I'm an american

SO WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS TRAVEL, I'M AN AMERICAN MINDSET?

For starters United Military Travel is going to continue to offer military travel loans to produce affordable travel and an opportunity to see the world to all military and government personnel.
Also, seize the moment when you encounter one of these non-travel believing Americans by educating them on how you CAN travel and pay your bills at the same time. Travel does not mean you have to leave the country or heck, even your county.  All it means is that you get out of your neighborhood, explore new territory and learn from your adventure.

YOU CAN DO THAT RIGHT??!?!!


UNITED MILITARY TRAVEL

#BEATRAVELER 

866-582-9579 

APPLY HERE

travel? I'm an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo