Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I Am Going To See The World

Its my birthday!!!!

I am 29 years old today.....
Whats does that mean???
I keep trying to figure out something that I can't even put into words right now.
My mind is searching the proper reflection on my life and for some reason it keeps coming up blank.
(see end of post for what I figured out)



Am I losing it???
Or maybe I am thinking to hard.... :) 

Regardless,  here is what I do know - I am going to travel the world!

Over Christmas my 19 year old brother told me that his goal was the travel to 30 countries before he turns 30.
That is a FANTASTIC goal for him to set - I unfortunately need to come up with a different one since my time on that is dwindling.

Maybe I could commit to: Around the globe and over the hill - globe trotting before 40.

That sounds pretty good to me - that is still a lofty goal but more reasonable than 30 before 30.  

So far I can knock 8 countries off my list but to see the world I would only consider my task complete if I add at least 12 more countries. 

Other than seeing the world, my birthday today is making me think about my relationships.  
My husband and son come first and so for my 29th year of life I am going to make sure my son's first year of life is nourishing,  protected, big, and fun.  I want to start his life off with a bang!

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 

Some people may wonder why it is so important for me to travel and the reason is simple:
It keeps me alive.
Travel for me is like blood to a human.  I need to constantly be flowing to avoid becoming stagnant in order to live.  
On a daily basis I have thousands of ideas that run through my head on what I want to do, where I want to go, where I want to live, etc.
The ideas all involve moving around and seeing new things.  Breaking away from the current couch that I am sitting on.

But you know what brings me back to reality: my husband, my dog and two cats, my son, my dad who needs me, knowing that Noah's grandparents would be crushed if we moved.  

Things like that keep me grounded.  But if I had my way, I would pack up my brood and move to a tropical island, home school Noah and show him the ways of nature.  I believe that nature can teach you everything you need to know in life and my surrounding yourself with the city you limit your life experiences.



  Sure I would like to have my own home with horses, chickens, dogs, cats, etc but my biggest fear is that it would trap me.  
Can you tell that I am extremely claustrophobic???
I am 29 years old today and instead of the list of things to be when I grow up shortening - it has grown. 
Can I be them all????
Why do I have to choose?
Why do people frown upon people who try different things ever few years?
All it means is that we are adventurous, not afraid of change, adaptable, fun loving, and creative.
That looks good on a resume right???
But what the "critics" see is that we are flighty, afraid of commitment, not dependable...blah, blah, blah.

They just have no idea.

So what do I really want for my birthday?  
I don't want to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up or think about all the places I rather be.  I am going to enjoy the moments.  Relish in the love that I surrounded myself with.  Breath deep and open my eyes to all the wonder the world can offer me.  
Contentment is what I want for my birthday.
That is what has been nagging me: it is that simple.  
I want to be content.

What do you wish for on your birthday???



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo