Thursday, February 5, 2015

When Are You Supposed To Leap???

I was up all night tossing and turning because of a deep seeded longing in my gut that could not be put to rest.  

And it was all due to a decision that was made over a year ago.  A decision we made together but to this day I feel like it was my decision. 
We decided to leave the beach and try our hand at a "normal" life.
 A "traditional" life.  
We realistically expected to find the "grass greener".  

Our home :) 
* What we found was that yes the grass is green but we still love sea oats more.  

* That we rather deal with the massive influx of people on change over days then deal with them on a daily basis. 

* That we think very differently from the majority of the population.  

* It is more motivational to work your arse off all day every day knowing that their is light at the end of the tunnel (off season).

*Seasonal workers truly have it all figured out.  Who else can say they make enough money to live for a couple of months with no work AND travel.

* That we had been surrounded by like, ocean minded travelers, artists and now we are the odd ball hippy folks at the end of the street. 
We do not look like "odd balls" do we????
* The most important thing we learned is that money does not buy happiness.  Having your ideal way of life is far more important than how much money is in your bank account and far, FAR more important than how many things you have.  

WE ARE IN SEARCH OF A WAY OF LIFE NOT A FAT BANK ACCOUNT.
If we happen to get a fat bank account along the way that is great but it is not our ultimate goal.

I have been chatting with Caz from yTravelblog about how to cope with all the naysayers and people who think we are crazy and different. Her and her family have accomplish the ultimate goal of traveling the world full time and getting paid to do so.
I love her advice.
Stay far away from the naysayers and forge your own way.  
Many times the things you miss out on are because of other people's opinions.  Live the life you want to live.  
You only have one.

While Josh and I do not wish to travel full time it is an extremely important aspect of who we are.  
Why settle down?    
Who settles down?
It is ok not to...

The Travel Manuel blog wrote beautifully on this topic and I feel like she was speaking directly through me.  Here is what she said:

"Hands up, how many of you travellers have been asked the question, “So when you are going to settle down? As a travel writer, photographer and teacher trainer, I want to answer, “Hopefully never.” According the Merriam-Webster dictionary, to settle down is to “become established in a dwelling place or in a permanent job, profession, or business: begin to live a normal life” or “to become inactive or sluggish”. Whilst I yearn to buy a house in my home city of Cape Town, use it as a base between trips, I most certainly don’t want to live a “normal life”.
What does that even mean? Have a house, an office job, kids, dogs and a mortgage? Since when does children mean giving up your dreams of travel? Kids of missionaries, diplomats, pastors grow up calling many countries home. Travel blogging couples allow their kids to fit in with their lifestyle. Sure, kids need stability, but who says you can’t “settle down in a number of different countries in your lifetime”?"
One thing working as a travel blogger has taught me is that there is a massive world out there and numerous ways to create a portable income that you can take anywhere.

That is why I do what I do.

I do this in hopes of one day truly making a name for myself among other travel bloggers and in the travel industry because we want to travel semi-long term as a family.  
I have said it many times before but we believe traveling is the best education you can give to your children.  
Allow the world to be their text book!

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 

So how are we going to make our dreams come true???

1.  Work my butt of creating a portable income.

2.  Move back to the beach where we can flourish as individuals and a family.

3.  Stick together.  Take one day at a time.  Find inspiration and motivation daily in all the small things.  

Dream come true to those who make them come true.

The leap is happening soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo