Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Gift Of The World




Well, my little monkey man received his passport and now the world is his playground.

It is funny after I tore the package open in anticipation I just stood there with it in my hands and stared at it.
All feelings of claustrophobia left me and this little book sent empowering chills down my spine.

For all the other mammas out there you know how you can begin to feel stuck and demobilized just by spending day after day in the house and devoting all your time to your little one.

His passport is far more than just a little book in my hands....
it is freedom.
Freedom for us to go and come as we please as a family.
It is a means to share with Noah the beauty of the world one country at a time.  The ability to come and go as we please.  
A textbook.

I cannot wait until it gets its first stamps because that means our world adventures have begun.  




Many people out there do not believe that it is important to travel with children at a young age.  
"They will not remember anything so why waste your money."  
"It is just too hard to travel with an infant."
"The world is not a safe place for children."

When me and my sister were younger our parents took us all around the United States and while I do not remember the exact vacations the photographs tell all.
The photos taken share with me my childhood and enable me to know this I did even though I cannot remember.
What I am trying to say is: I remember because there is physical proof and the photographs are as good as real memories.
I believe that my worldly views starting developing as soon as my parents paved the way.  
Priceless.  
My favorite quote about children traveling comes from Amy Foster, the director of Consumer Insights for Disney Destinations, "You might only have 18 summers with your children, make memories now!"

Well said Amy, well said.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

As for it being hard to travel with infants - well life is as hard as your make it.  
(that is all I am saying about that)

He is ready!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

The world is an extremely dangerous place.
Yes it is and when abroad extra precautions need to be taken to ensure the safety of your family.  
But....
I am not going to keep Noah wrapped in this little safe house for his entire life and deprived him from knowing the world and the life it gives because I am scarred of what could happen.  
That would be selfish.
I want him to spread his wings!


> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 


Does your child have a passport?

How early do you think is appropriate to take long, far away vacations?

I personally would love to know your thoughts and also any tips you have on traveling with wee ones.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 

866-582-9579
#travelnowpaylater 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo