Monday, September 28, 2015

Nizuc Resort and Spa, Cancun Mexico

Nizuc Resort and Spa

WHEN YOU PICTURE CANCUN DO YOU ENVISION HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS DRUNK OFF CHEAP TEQUILA STUMBLING OUT OF SENOR FROGS?
WELL FORGET ALL YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT CANCUN AND ENVISION A SOFTER SIDE AT NIZUC RESORT AND SPA.

Joseph Diaz just wrote an article for Afar Magazine entitled, "This Hotel Will Change the Way You Look At Cancun," in hopes to persuade others to see Cancun the way he does.  Joseph does not have to share air with drunk teenagers or eat at average buffets when he vacations in Mexico because he stays at Nizuc Resort and Spa .  Nizuc is a upscale resort that offers luxury, elegance, and seclusion that will make you feel miles away from the chaos yet is only a short ride from he airport.
Nizuc resort and spa is nestled perfectly on a 29 acre natural reserve that offers two SECLUDED beaches both of which are perfect for swimming.

JOSEPH EXPLAINS THAT THESE FOUR REASONS ARE WHY YOU SHOULD DITCH YOUR PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS ABOUT CANCUN AND WHY YOU SHOULD STAY AT NIZUC RESORT AND SPA...

1. The rooms. Located on the 5th floor of one of the residence towers (they’re only five stories tall), my Penthouse suite with floor-to-ceiling windows provided blood-pressure reducing views of the beautiful Caribbean. We had more space than we knew what to do with and my private terrace with infinity plunge pool and outdoor shower were luxurious touches.
Nizuc Resort and Spa
2. The food. No mediocre buffet dinners here. With six world-class restaurants, each with their own kitchen, NIZUC invests heavily in the quality of its cuisine. My two favorites were Ni, a nod to Peruvian cuisine—which has some of the best ceviche I’ve ever had—and La Punta. Both are extremely laid back and casual.
3. The tranquil ambience. The words “Spring Break” have probably never been uttered on the property. Before becoming NIZUC, the property was slated to become an Aman, until some financial trouble. NIZUC took advantage of the opportunity. They inherited the serenity, simplicity, and modernism that Aman is well known for: reflection pools, clean lines, and generous space convert chaos into tranquility. My favorite example is NIZUC’s spa. When spa therapists tell you to arrive an hour before your treatment to enjoy the facilities, I usually ignore them. Doing that at NIZUC is a major faux pas. Their state-of-the-art hydrotherapy facilities including beautiful steam room, plunge pools, and high-pressure water faucets (be careful where you aim) are some of the best in the world. I came away from the experience wanting more.
Nizuc Resort and Spa
4. The staff. Everyone is so gracious and willing to help. But they’re not overbearing—a quality 5-star luxury is sometimes notorious for. The team literally greets you with hand on heart. I had the opportunity to spend the most time with NIZUC’s tennis pro, Karl Vukobrat. NIZUC has two tennis courts and Karl’s enthusiasm got me out on the court three early mornings in a row for a private lesson.
Spending three nights at NIZUC provided a much-needed escape. It takes 3 hours and a couple of Xanax to get to the Hamptons, and five hours door-to-door to get to NIZUC. So when you tell your friends you’re going to Cancun, they can judge away—I’m sure you’ll be the one with the smile on your face when drinking that delicious mezcal margarita from the perch of your private infinity pool, taking in those tranquil turquoise hues of the Caribbean.

One of my primary ways of deciding on where to vacation is through articles like this one Joseph just wrote.  To me it is better than a review on Trip Advisor because it is thoroughly written - not just a rating. I want to know exactly why I should choose one place over another and I want to hear it directly from someone who stayed there...my money is precious so making a educated decision is key.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO STAY AT NIZUC RESORT AND SPA CONTACT UNITED MILITARY TRAVEL FOR A MILITARY TRAVEL LOAN TO MEXICO!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo