Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Have you been YURTED?????

Yurts: yurt

yo͝ort,yərt/
noun
  1. a circular tent of felt or skins on a collapsible framework, used by nomads in Mongolia, Siberia, and Turkey.



    This is a traditional yurt...



    And this is a modern, sustainable yurt...


    Who else wants one other than me?!?!?!

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

    Yurts are the newest thing in accommodations whether you are on vacation or making one your home.  They are eco-friendly and offer you a completely different experience outside of what the rest of the world is experiencing.  If you LOVE camping you will love staying in yurts.  You get the complete feel of being outdoors and camp life but with a queen size bed!  So next time you and your family decide to go camping, consider yurting and call United Military Travel to book your family vacation! 

    Here is a complete list of all the yurt resorts in the United States! 

     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 


    First and foremost, lets start here because this is one that I have personally stayed in and is where I my yurting experience first happened.  I attribute my love for yurts to this fantastic resort!


    Treebones is located in Big Sur, California and it over looks the Pacific Ocean. The photo above is pretty much how I remember my stay there.....just magical!

    The resort offers accomodations in yurts, human nests and campsites.


    Next time I go I WILL be staying in the human nest...and possibly making one in my back yard...


    And they offer two different restaurants - like their Wild Coast Sushi Bar....not really roughing it if you ask me :) 


     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

    Also, I love the website Roadtrippers and if you click on the link it will take you to a short yet perfect list of awesome domestic yurt resorts/campsites!

    Since I am a Carolina girl I would love for my next adventure to be to Falling Waters Resort in Bryson City, NC.


    Their yurts are 16 foot in diameter with outdoor decks, the typical yurt skylight, french doors, windows, ceiling fans, queen size beds, refrigerators coffee makers, and polished knotty pine floors.....ummmm yes please! 

     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
    Also, check out this secluded mountain refuge in Arizona!


    Cochise Stronghold Retreat is similar to Falling Waters in that you still have to cook over a campfire and bring your own water but you are staying in "luxury" yurts.  Here you can hike, relax in the hot tub, nature watch etc.  Also, the yurts are heated so no need to freeze like you would if you were camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo