Friday, July 18, 2014

.... What a W O N D E R F U L life ....

As I sit here trying to figure out what I should write about - what destinations people are interested in, what is "trending now" etc -  this photo that hangs above my stove caught my eye.


And it made me think about how incredibly lucky I have been my entire life to have had the travel experiences some can only dream about.  It is a possibility that my feelings of gratitude are coming from the fact that we are going to be with baby in 3 weeks, that reality is sinking in that solo travel no longer exist with consequence, that instead of saving up for travel we have to save up for college.  



Now, the real fun begins.  Josh and I get to teach our little boy about traveling.  Taking him all over the green Earth, letting him take in the world through virgin eyes and forming his own opinions, likes, and dislikes.  The world to him is uncharted territory and I already know that watching him see something/somewhere for the first time is going to bring so much joy to my soul.  I am looking forward to sitting at our dinner table, on a beach somewhere, on the side of a mountain, in a boat, or lying under the stars and Noah asks us what traveling was like for us.  It is going to be the small things in life!


 Because of this and that picture I am full of gratitude.  I am grateful that I will have something to teach him that he cannot learn in a classroom, grateful that I can show him who his momma and daddy really are through pictures.  
Grateful that we can share the same life with him that we have had.  


These are the experiences that Noah will hear about in our stories and what will inspire him to see the world, fall in love, respect the Earth, do great things.  



 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 

What brings you feelings of gratitude?  Life is too short for each day to pass with us not recognizing something that we are grateful for.  We must always remember that life is what we make it, not what we are "dealt".  Take your destiny by the cahones and make it what you want it to be...no matter how difficult.  
I believe in you!  
Life is also too precious for it to be anything other than 
W O N D E R F U L! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo