Thursday, July 17, 2014

Travel Guide to Dubai

Dubai


"And the sun's from the west
And the sand in the glass is right
Come on down
Stop on by
Hop a carpet and fly
To another Arabian night"
*Aladdian

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

If you missed the previous post, Travel Guide to Abu Dhabi, I listed a general set of rules to follow when vacationing in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).  
Here they are again:

Need To Know:

Currency and exchange rate
One U.S. Dollar = 3.67 Dirham 
Use this website to convert
There are plenty of ATMs across the entire city

General Safety and Security
A big concern that many people have when traveling, is safety.  If you are from the United States, you may feel that you are more likely to be a target of terrorism or violence.  However, you are extremely unlikely to experience any problems.  Odds are you are more likely to get bitten by a scorpion while there than a terrorist attack.  It is safe to walk around Dubai at all times of the day and night and the UAE is a very safe country.  With that being said, there is no guarantee that a anti-American sentiment does not exist there.  But the UAE in general has a good relationship with western governments, and many tourists from the West visit often. But as always, never ever let your guard down regardless of where you travel and always have your wits about you!

Emergencies
Rule # 1: Always have your passport on you.
Write these emergency numbers down and keep them with you at all times also
Police Headquarters: 02 44611461
Ambulance: Dial 998 or 999
Fire: Dial 997
Police: Dial 999
US Embassy: +971-4 309 4000

Health
You can drink the tap water but most people prefer bottled

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Correct me if I am wrong but is the one thing that is stopping you from visiting Dubai the total expense?  For me personally, when I look at the photos and explore the city from my couch I often think to myself, "I wish..."

But lets get serious, you all know that I am a huge fan of United Military Travel because we can fly now and pay later AND stay now and pay later.
That is our ticket to Dubai ya'll!!
Also, the amazing owner of the company has personal knowledge of the city and can hook us up on some great insider information - just call in :) 
866-582-9579

This post we are going to explore Dubai on a budget
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

When to travel to the United Arab Emirates

Keep in mind that it is going to be hot no matter when you decide to visit Dubai but the best time is definitely between November and March.  The weather is more mild - about 73 degrees as opposed to the July and August heat of 103 degrees.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >


Affordable Places To Stay:

When looking for affordable places to stay, I generally go to lastminute.com because I like how they list the hotels to choose from.  After you put in your dates, the results given have the total amount for the given nights you listed as opposed the price per night.  Also, you can customize your search by putting a cap on the price you are willing to pay etc.  
Even if you are going to book through UMT, this website can give you an idea of what is out there before you say, "its too expensive."

If you want to get even more budget friendly consider staying in a hostel while there.
I know some of ya'lls skin just crawled when you read the word hostel but get over it! I stay in them all the time!
Pretty much all hostels offer private rooms so you do not have to stay in a dorm setting and the price typically ranges from $30-$50 a night.  

This is the Nihal Hotel where rooms are $50/night
To me, I rather skimp on accommodations since you hardly are in them when vacationing and be able to experience the city more lavishly!

                                                         This is Easyflat 12 Hostel at 
$16.99/night
You also may be thinking that part of the lure of a nice hotel are the decorations and amenities.  Well, hostels are pretty eclectic and offer plenty of aesthetics for your eyes to take in :) Also, you will meet a TON of people that you can take in the city with, even if you are with your family.  But again, it is all about what you are willing to pay.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Dubai Attractions

This is what I envision doing in Dubai...
 "I want to relax in a lavish tent where the only light is coming from red, blue, and purple lanterns.  I want to smoke hookah while sitting on silky pillows, watch belly dancers, and hang out with a monkey that wears a vest." 


Thats legit right....

For a comprehensive list of the attractions Dubai has to offer, I referenced their visitors website.  
But even better than that is Travel and Leisure list of hotels, restaurants, things to do and trips article.  Learn more here!
 
Spending a week in Dubai you can ride through the desert on a camel, go dune bashing in a 4x4, paruse the gold and spice souk, shop in the world's largest shopping mall, spend the day at the world's largest water park, lounge sea side, take a boat tour, dine at some of the best restaurants and watch belly dancers!  
But lets get real, one of the first things you think of is Palm Island...


> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

No matter how you get there or what you decide to do or where you decide to stay, Dubai is going to treat you well and with luxury...it does not discriminate.

I hope that someday you do get to experience this Arabian beauty - I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo