Friday, October 24, 2014

A Celebration!

Well ya'll, I have officially reached 5,000 page views on my blog.


That is exciting news for me and United Military Travel - my goal has always been to share my experiences and ones that I dream of, cultivate my blogging skills and share with the world the wonderful services United Military Travel offers. 


What have I learned in the process up till now?
Blogging for me is a way to explore the world virtually and it helps me plan and add to my bucket list.  It has opened so many windows to the travel industry that I did not know existed.  

Primarily, I learn from other travel bloggers.  

Comparing their travel rituals to mine shows me how I could travel smarter and my favorite is the insider's information on where to eat and stay in different cities as seen by my fellow travelers.  It is just like meeting these people, chatting about a locale and being given recommendations - a completely normal conversation to have with a new friend while traveling.   All except I do not know the person and they possibly are across the globe from me when I learn about what they liked and disliked about a place.  I love the internet.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Things I wish for in the future.

I wish that my readers would start sharing their thoughts on the blog either in the comment section on Facebook or on the actual post.  Like I said before, learning from others is one of the most beneficial aspects of smart traveling - 
I want to know where ya'll have been, where the best food is found, did you stay in a hotel or hostel, your thoughts on the information I provided...anything you want to tell me I want to hear.

Do people not comment because the information sucks?  I have blatantly put on Facebook a request to hear back from ya'll.  Or am I going about it in a completely wrong way (probably)?  



The love of sharing experiences is something that comes naturally to a traveler.  To tell our favorite stories, stories that physically and mentally empower us to keep exploring, to others and seeing their expressions as we go through the details is priceless.  It also gives us an opportunity to go back in time and relive some of our favorite experiences step by step, place by place.  

I want to hear yours.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Something that has surprised me is the posts that have received the most page views are not the exotic destinations,  the best
honeymoon resorts or travel guides but ones that cover children, global issues or personal reflection.  

Again, what I truly want is to write about things you all want to learn about but I need to hear from ya'll.  So bust out your travel journals and tell me about your all time favorite experiences!


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I am a follower of Ytravel because my interest is in families that travel with their children.  This is exactly what they do and they do it for a living.  Yaz and Craig explore the world with their two little girls and blog about every single adventure, thought or concern that happens along the way.  It is incredibly insightful as it is not just a do this or go here blog.  
Here is the manifesto that they share with their followers.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I am looking forward to the next 5,000 page views!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo