Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pink Destinations In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness

Save The Tatas!!!!


With breast cancer month coming to an end I wanted to highlight a few fun "pink" destinations!

Lake Hillier, Middle Island - Western Australia


This bubble gum colored lake is a mystery to scientist across the globe but they speculate the pink color comes from a dye created by the bacteria that lives in the salt crust. 
Lake Hillier is separated from the gorgeous blue Southern Ocean only by a narrow strip of sand dunes creating many things to do like walking, cycling, fishing, horse back riding, scuba diving, whale watching, windsurfing, abseiling, kayaking and 4WD tours.

Pink Sands Beach, Harbor Island - Bahamas


Harbor Island boasts one of the most famous long and wide pink sand beaches.  If you are traveling to enjoy natural beauty, long unspoiled beaches with gentle waters and elegant resorts look no further!  My favorite aspect of this destination is the laid back, small time vibe that offers upscale "big city" luxury but without the hoards of people. 

Pink Sands Beach, Bermuda


Bermuda is just a hop, skip and a jump away for East Coasters so why not take a quick trip and wander this perfectly pink beach.  Let your imagination run wild and envision walking out of your resort and digging your toes in this soft sand before cooling off in the crystal clear Caribbean water.  
I am already there...

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

For all of you out there who are fighting breast cancer take some time to enjoy life.  I believe that one of the best health remedies is happiness and while it is not a cure it at least soothes the soul for a bit.  And if anyone deserves a trip it is YOU!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo