Thursday, August 27, 2015

Why I hate The Wind

DEAR WIND, WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME SO?

Wind
This morning, as I took my son for our daily walk, the wind was exceptionally refreshing.  It had a constant presence, but would occasionally say, "Hey, wake up!", by lifting the hair off my shoulders.  As if under a trance, my mind began to wander to my favorite places where wind has touched my soul.
I found myself walking down the beach in California collecting shells at sunset, but then on the next breeze I was just waking up in our tent to the sound of sea lions while overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Big Sur.  I stayed there for a while....because it just felt so good.  I knew on the next gust of wind I would be sitting on a bluff in Yosemite with my husband watching the eagles fly and I was right.  I could feel the sunny breeze flowing through my hair as I smelled the sweet scent of the Elderberry bush beside me...I was in heaven.
Then, I was back in reality.  Walking down my old tree covered street to the river with my little boy and dog.  I wonder if when we leave here, the wind will bring me back to Riverside Drive, the way it takes me to California??

I HAVE A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE WIND.

LOVE

I love the way the wind it touches my soul every time it caresses my face.
I love the way the wind magically takes me all over the world.
I love the wind for carrying sweet, nostalgic smells to me that make me smile.
I love the wind for all its power - the respect it demands and yet the love it shares.

HATE

I hate the way the wind makes me want to spread my wings and fly - it makes me unsettled.  It makes my mind wander and yearn to be anywhere other than where I am at the moment.
I hate the wind for being able to travel the world for free.  For being able to touch all the beautiful things in life by going which ever way it blows.
I hate the wind for having so much freedom.  Some days I wish the wind would just swoop me up and take me on the greatest adventure - we would soar through the clouds, skim the surface of the ocean, ride the waves, scale mountains, and kiss fields of flowers.
I hate the wind for making me wish I could pack everything up and move to a deserted beach where I could live forever with the wind.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE WIND, WHERE DOES IT TAKE YOU WHEN IT TOUCHES YOUR FACE??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking the time to visit my blog! Traveling is very dear to me and sharing my travels and desires with you makes my heart smile. I want to hear all about your adventures because sharing travel stories is the root to all inspiration. Also, any suggestions you may have on how I can improve this blog - I am all ears!!
Smiles,
Allie xoxo